Desired Candidate Profile: Company Secretary and Legal Officer (Location Pune)
Candidate should have minimum 5 years’ experience in Secretarial compliances and legal matters.
Candidate should have hands on experience/knowledge in various laws related to business environment in India.
Experience with MNC would be added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Secretarial & Compliances
- Compliances related to Companies Act, Rules and Allied laws
- Preparation and filing of various documents.
- Incorporation of Company, Increasing Authorised Capital
- Issue and transfer of shares
- Maintaining various statutory registers and documents
- Compliances related to Board and Shareholders Meeting.
- Compliances related to CSR activities.
- Drafting and review of Non-Disclosure agreements, Supplier Agreements, Customer Agreements and Service Agreements
- Review of Commercial contract and assist commercial and purchasing teams in the negotiation of legal clauses
- Ensure periodic renewal of Business contracts.
- Ensure changes in business contracts in case of change in laws to keep them valid.
- Ensuring communication and compliance of corporate guidelines, Code of Ethics and other policies.
- Ensure that contracts are properly referenced into database, can be followed-up and are accessible
- Ensure follow-up of the contract (renewal, extension, termination) and identify issues or changes requiring resolution at renewal stage
- Advising Management on Risk associated with any business Transactions/contracts
- Drafting and sending legal notices to the defaulting suppliers/employees or other associates.
- Replying to legal notices received.
- Advising Management and Corporate Legal Counsel for filing legal cases and co-ordinating with local counsels.
- Reviewing and keeping track of all the litigation matters.
- Defending cases with the help of local counsels filed against the companies.
- Handling IP laws related requirements like preparation & filing patent/copyright applications with the help of legal counsels.
- Ensuring compliances related to various law like labour, employment etc.
- Support and promote compliance program
Education- Company Secretary (ACS) and LLB/LLM
Computer Proficient in MS Office tools
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Self-directed and motivated with good analytical Skills.
- Must be team player, closely working with cross functional team and Senior Counsel based abroad.
- Entrepreneurial/innovative mindset.
- Highly Organized and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have high standard of Ethics